The Beginning and End of Carpenter Bee Season
Depending on the season, several types of nuisance pests start intruding into our houses to build nests and continue their life cycle. One such destructive yet common pest is named the carpenter bee. They are similar to bumblebees or honey bees but primarily known for their extremely destructive behaviors.
Different types of carpenter bees have different types of seasonal active periods. They are the most active during the beginning of the spring and it continues till September’s end of the calendar year. Basically, warmer months are deemed perfect for them to pollinate, mate, and start to build nests by boring holes in the woods.
Therefore, you will start to notice a lot of damage to your wooden furniture and other wooden items such as your outdoor structures and wood trim and framing on your house. Keep on reading to find out how you can get rid of carpenter bee infestation by using online bee traps.
When is Carpenter Bee Season?
Carpenter bees are one of the common types of pests found throughout the United States with a pretty impressive range. Depending on the types of carpenter bees, they have different types of seasonal active periods. Generally, the southern carpenter bees have the longest active period between February to October.
In the season time, the female carpenter bees start building nests by boring tunnels into wooden structures, especially soft and untreated wood. If it continues, these tunnels may lead to major structural damage as well as costly repairs. However, there are online bee traps available to remove these bees into a safe place.
How Do You Know if You Have a Carpenter Bee Infestation?
Before we talk about the various types of carpenter bee traps for sale available in the market to remove carpenter bee infestation, it’s important to know how you will find out whether you have a bee infestation in your home. A lot of people make huge mistakes in realizing it which leads to costly repairs.
Here are a few ways you can find out that you have a carpenter bee infestation in your home:
- Usually, a female carpenter bee burrows half inches-wide holes with a round shape into untreated or decaying wood. These holes can be extended to four to six inches long. If you see a lot of holes like these, then it’s possibly bored by carpenter bees.
- You will notice a lot of yellow stains and sawdust as the bees expel waste before entering their nests. If you notice one area like this, it would be wise to conduct an inspection around the exterior of your home and other wooden structures and items such as gazebos and patio furniture.
- Also, you will see a lot of bee activities inside the house as the male carpenter bees hover around the nests to protect or look for a mate. If you can’t guide the bee out of a window or kill it, then you should consider a bee trap to collect the carpenter bee and release it safely.
Above are a few common signs to know whether you have a carpenter bee infestation inside the house or not. Once you have determined that you do have a carpenter bee infestation, then you can buy the right carpenter bee trap for sale online.
Tips to Prevent Carpenter Bee Infestation
Although carpenter bees are a nuisance, all types of bees are essential pollinators of gardens and crops. Therefore, killing them should be the last effort in case the infestation has been severe and repeated. Rather, you should try to prevent this infestation.
Here are a few tips to prevent carpenter bee infestation:
- Since untreated woods are most preferred by these bees, you must cover up these types of woods or treat them as quickly as possible.
- A lot of plants and flowers may attract the bees into your yards, so always keep it clean and tidy and keep your eyes open for signs of an infestation.
- Use treated or synthetic building materials in all future projects to keep your property unattractive to the bees.
These are a few tips to avoid any carpenter bee infestation on your property. In case, you have already been infested, there are carpenter bee traps for sale available in the market to harmlessly remove these bees into a safe place like the ones available at BeesNThings.
How Do I Get the Best Carpenter Bee Traps for Sale Online?
Carpenter bees are extremely dangerous as they can cause structural damage to the house and lead to costly repairs. This is the reason why removing them is crucial as early as possible. To help you ease the process, BeesNThings have come up with innovative carpenter bee traps for sale at affordable prices.
If you are unknown of the process of trapping carpenter bees using our best bee traps, contact us today, and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions as quickly as possible. BeesNThings has the best carpenter bee traps for all types of infestations or any small problems with bees.